Musway is particularly known for building elegant and well-thought-out DSP amplifiers that can be controlled via a smartphone app and beautiful designs. The new M12 joins this tradition with an impressive number of 12 Class-D channels and an integrated 16-channel DSP. It appeals to those hi-fi fans who want to be able to individually tune their complex loudspeaker system in the vehicle for the best possible playback and at the same time be able to control it easily without complex cabling or the installation of several devices.
For optimal sound tuning, a high-quality input section is required, which receives the audio signals from the source. The M12 therefore has a large number of low-level and high-level input connections. There are not only 6 pairs of RCA inputs and an AUX input, but also 12 pairs of high-level inputs that can pick up signals from the speakers. They can withstand a very high load with 20 volts RMS and are used when a complex factory system is already installed in the vehicle. Of course, the high level signals fed in are protected with EPS so that no errors occur in the diagnostic system. An optical PCM input with 192 kHz and 24 bit is available “On Top” for hi-fi connoisseurs. The optional BTS-HD dongle enables HD audio streaming via aptX codecs (576 kBits, 24 bit, 48 kHz).
While the high-end processor supplies the 12 channels internally, the DSP also provides 4 freely configurable RCA preamp outputs. These can be assigned to external purposes and open up many expansion options. This means that further amplifiers can be included in the DSP performance, for example powerful mono amplifiers that are better suited for controlling subwoofers, for example. The Musway monoblocks ONE600 or ONE1000 are particularly suitable for this. The woofers under the seats or in the footwell, which are often installed in a twin pack at BMW or Mercedes, can be optimally fired with it.
The heart of the M12 is the ADAU1452 processor from Analog Devices®, which is highly valued by audiophile connoisseurs. With the easy-to-use PC software, it can be configured perfectly and in real time via USB. With the optional BTA2 dongle, the DSP can also be controlled with the new “Tunest” app using iOS or Android smartphones (see app store).
• Intelligent High Level Input (Error Protection System)
• Start-Stop ready, Auto Turn-On
• Burr-Brown converters (PCM3168A) and Analog Devices DSP (ADAU1466)
• Dual 64bit, 295 MHz DSP technology, controllable via new V3 PC software or V3 App
• Soft-Clipping (power attenuation) in 2 Ohm operation
• Signal-to-noise Ratio ≥95dB
• Frequency Response 15 Hz – 22 kHz (-3dB)
• THD ≤0,05% (1 kHz, 4Ω, 90% Power)
• Separately controllable input sensitivity (Channel 1-6, Channel 7-12, AUX), Clipping LEDs
• Digital remote control (DRC1) with OLED display for controlling various DSP functions (optional)